To aid in the development and execution of the Company’s Van Sales strategy by providing leadership to the team in efforts to increase domestic market share and attain and exceed monthly sales and gross profit targets.
- * Executes the approved strategies and plans to accelerate sell-out at the Customer level, to deliver Category and Channel growth targets in line with overall brand/category marketing strategies.
- * Identifies opportunities for sales growth with new and existing customers.
- * Develops, implements and executes the Company’s Van Sales and Distribution plan aimed at growing the channel.
- * Monitors and ensures that there is compliance on routes and outlets are serviced effectively and visited weekly or fortnightly for orders, to ensure good stock rotation, prevent out of stocks and maintain customer relations.
- * Determines suitable product mix of Vemco’s products to be sold into customers to ensure visibility and availability on shelf.
- * Ensures variety to customers is in keeping with Company’s expectation, paying close attention to overstocking, damages and expiries.
- * Manages vehicle dispatch sheet, timeliness of the Vans’ departure and arrival time to the compound and maintains a log of employees’ attendance and punctuality.
- * Ensures that customer route listings are always current and updated as needed.
- * Coordinates the completion of periodic stock checks and monitors stock taking on Vans and liaises with the Finance Department to investigate and rectify any variances.
- * Performs spot checks on the Vans to ensure that goods are kept in good condition and Vans are packed properly.
- * Undertakes any other job-related duties assigned by the Supervisor or designate that may be necessary to achieve the Company’s objectives.
- * A Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management or any related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience leadership ccpacity.
- * Experience in an FMCG industry will be an asset.
- * Heavy-T Drivers’ license will be an asset.
- * Excellent written/verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
Other Skills/Attributes required:
- * Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- * Ability to communicate and relate effectively with others.
- * Ability to multitask.
- * Ability to work in a team environment.
- * Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the performance of duties.
- * Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.