For over sixty years, people across the Caribbean have come to know Vemco as a provider of high quality, healthy and nutritious foods that they love. With a portfolio of trusted brands such as Swiss and Kerrygold, we are well known for our locally manufactured condiments and pasta products which are distributed both regionally and extra regionally.
At our core lies a strong set of Values which guide our decision-making, and which enable our team to consistently deliver quality service so that our consumers may have enjoyable, enriching experiences through our range of products.
If you are a positive individual and seeking a career opportunity, we may have the right role for you. We are inviting applications for the position of Market Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the assigned export markets and manage Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in order to maximize profitability, achieve retail excellence, brand objectives and provide cost effective and exceptional service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Planning and executing interactive, strategic, and tactical territory sales plans to provide exceptional customer service.
* Building close working relationships with assigned distributors, in-market key accounts, and commercial principles through open dialogue, routine trade visits, and other means of communication.
* Developing and maintaining a rapport with existing dealer networks within the relevant geographic territories.
* Assisting in locating potential new customers, markets and conducting feasibility studies towards penetration.
* Preparing annual budgets and quarterly sales rollover forecasts for assigned export markets.
* Reviewing distributors stock and sales information to amend orders as necessary to ensure consistent maintenance of distributor’s stock levels to achieve a zero tolerance on in-market shortages while avoiding excessive overstocking situations.
* Providing logistical support where necessary to distributors by coordinating with internal customers.
* Developing and managing effective systems of tracking distributor performance and effectiveness.
* Establishing and monitoring consistent metrics to track market share information with a focus on achieving market share goals.
* Launching new products with the objective of increasing market share and overall Sales and Profitability growth.
* Liaising with relevant Marketing personnel, develop and execute A&P activity in the assigned export markets.
* Providing regular performance updates for distributors to support management of the business objectives in assigned markets.
* Providing timely, detailed sales and budgets reports on a monthly basis.
* Developing and executing trade programs in the assigned export markets.
* Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
* An Undergraduate Degree in Management, Marketing or a related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience or any relevant combination of qualifications and experience.
* Possesses good interpersonal and leadership qualities to lead and manage distributors.
* Conversational Spanish will be an asset.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
* Must be able to travel to varying regions and territories in the Caribbean and Latin America based on government guidelines.
If you are interested, please send your Resume to the Human Resources Department, El Socorro Road Extension, El Socorro or to Jeniever.John@cdplimited.com by October 23rd, 2020