For over sixty years, people across the Caribbean have come to know Vemco as a provider of high quality, healthy and nutritious foods that they love. With a portfolio of trusted brands such as Swiss and Kerrygold, we are well known for our locally manufactured condiments and pasta products which are distributed both regionally and extra regionally.
At our core lies a strong set of Values which guide our decision-making, and which enable our team to consistently deliver quality service so that our consumers may have enjoyable, enriching experiences through our range of products.
We are inviting applications for the position of Operator Technician 1.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating, inspecting and maintaining plant machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Identifying, communicating and working with the relevant teams to eliminate safety hazards.
* Minimizing unplanned downtime through troubleshooting, daily monitoring of equipment and effective execution of corrective repairs.
* Providing timely information to Production teams on equipment failure to facilitate decision making regarding quality output.
* Maintaining SOPs, Operational Guidelines and Procedures in conducting all tasks such as changeovers, equipment set-up, COP and CIP operations
* Participating in routine inspections, routine cleaning, tightening, adjusting and lubrication plans.
* Participating in OEM guided and replacement schedules, as well as, annual and rebuild schedules.
* Adhering to all GMPs and Quality Standards.
* Completing all necessary reports and proactively communicates observed hazards and any possible risks to the production schedules.
* MET, MEET or EET Certification or Certification in related discipline.
* CXC Certificate which includes Mathematics and English.
* Minimum of two (2) years related work experience.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to Giselle.Deweever@vemcott.com by October 26th, 2020. We regret to advise that only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.