Ensuring that all related transactions are communicated and recorded correctly in the Company’s financial statements. The Treasury Accountant will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all treasury policies and procedures to safeguard assets, drive efficiencies and process standardization
- * Prepares and analyzes daily cash positions, ensuring that adequate cash is available to meet financial obligations.
- * Compiles the daily cash journal entries for recording to the general ledger.
- * Conducts periodic account analyses of cash clearing accounts to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded.
- * Works alongside internal finance areas to ensure that all cash transactions are properly classified and recorded in the general ledger.
- * Supports the Treasury function with cash forecasting and cash budgeting, cash transactions processing (approving wire transfers, approving other cash transactions).
- * Reconciles daily bank activity and debt and periodic reports and analysis of the information.
- * Performs full reconciliations on balance sheet accounts providing commentary and movement analysis.
- * Supports financial reporting obligations relating to the Treasury finance entities at key reporting periods and ad-hoc projects.
- * Participates in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries for assigned business units.
- * Manages completion of daily bank reconciliations by transactional teams. Identifies variances between the bank and General Ledger (GL) cash balances and works with cross functional teams to resolve issues.
- * ACCA Level II with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience or any combination of experience and qualifications.
- * Experience in a Food Manufacturing and or Distribution industry will be an asset.
- * Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with expert ability to navigate Excel.
- * Experience of developing, maintaining, and running financial accounting systems and computerized accounting systems.
- * Proven experience in IFRS reporting, monthly closing of books, and regular day to day accounting.
Other Skills/Attributes required:
- * Thorough attention to details.
- * Outstanding analytical skills with sound financial literacy and understanding.
- * Proven ability to work independently and support other team members as appropriate.
- * Strong ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to work collaboratively to achieve objectives.
- * Ability to communicate non-complex financial information to relevant internal and external parties.
- * Strong numerical skills, with a high level of accuracy.
- * Ability to prioritise and complete tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- * Capable of maintaining confidentiality.